Our Approach to Weight LossHome » Our Program » Our Approach
Our Approach to Weight Loss
In our holistic weight loss clinic, we take a science based, comprehensive approach to weight loss that employs the latest scientific research on diet, nutrition, endicrinology, and exercise to maximize your weight loss potential. We look at the body as one whole unit and are focused on getting the body back into its proper state of metabolic balance. We've developed a unique comprehensive approach to weight loss that is based on following 7 Key Principles:
- Finding the proper fat burning diet for each patient's metabolic profile. Everyone is different, and one size fits all approaches don't work.
- Elimination of cravings through proper nutrition, and the use of acupressure and acupuncture (for the needlephobic: NO NEEDLES REQUIRED). If you are hungry and experience cravings you will not be able to have long term success, so our program focuses strongly on eliminating food cravings. This makes a huge difference.
- Testing. We use a variety of objective and subjective assessments to monitor progress and fine tune individual programs.
- Coaching, accountability, education and support. We have helped many people, and several have reported that not having to "go it alone" was the biggest key for them.
- Teaching our patients proper exercise to maximize fat burning for their body type. There have been huge scientific advances in this area that have gone largely ignored by most weight loss programs.
- Balancing stress hormones. For many patients, particularly peri/post menopausal women this is the missing key which has always held them back before.
- Detoxification of several of the body's key systems so that you can regain a normal metabolism.
It's been demonstrated that the most important component of healthy weight management is proper hormonal function. There are many hormones involved in weight management: insulin, glucagon, leptin, grehlin, cortisol, adrenaline just to name a few. We are able to effectively influence these hormones through natural means that don't carry the side effects of drugs, surgeries or hormone therapies. By achieving proper hormonal balance patients are able to successfully maintain their weight reduction. This produces what everyone wants: results that last.
This approach allows us to shine where other plans have failed in the past. Check out our Testimonials page to see just a few of our many success stories.